|Notice: Exam Form BE IV/II & BAR V/II (Back) for 2076 Magh|
|Routine: BE IV/II & BAR V/II - 2076 Magh|
|Result: BCE I/II exam held on 2076 Bhadra|
|Result: All (except BCE & BEI) I/II exam held on 2076 Bhadra|
|Notice: Exam Center for Barrier Exam (2076 Poush), 1st Part|
|Electronics and Communication(BEX)|
Information System Planning
Necessity of IS Planning
- Information system environment is very complex. So, planning for information system is very much crucial to get most out of it.
- The plan describes the structure and content of the information system and how it is to be developed.
- The information system plan should be based on the organizational strategic plan. It helps in design of suitable information system that would assist in achieving organizational goals.
- It also helps to understand the current status of the organizational information system and what can be done to improve the information system to achieve reliability and quality.
- Information system planning is done by Chief Information Officer.
Strategic Information System
- Strategic information system is the information system that is responsible to implement the business strategy for organizational progress.
- Such system applies the information system resources to strategic business opportunities in such a way that the computer system affect the organizational products and activities.
- It links business and computer strategies.
- It shapes an organizational competitive strategy.
- It helps an organization to gain a competitive advantage and meet other strategic enterprise objectives.
Benefits of Using Strategic Information System
1. Creating barriers to the competitor's entry:
- It helps to provide a product that is difficult to duplicate.
- This makes the competitors stop competing with the organizational products and services.
2. Database to improve marketing:
- It provides all the previous data about sales through a database.
- It makes use of historical sales and marketing data to find improvement in future market.
3. Customer and Supplier Retention:
- It focuses on the customer and supplier providing them with highly reliable services such that they do not switch over to a competitor.
- It helps in maintaining proper relationships with the customer.
- It provides customers with the dedicated and quality services on time that helps to generate trust towards the organization among the customers.
4. Identify Marketing and Sales Strategy:
- It helps to analyze the historical data on sales and marketing so as to determine new strategy for market improvement.
- It may includes lowering of cost of the materials or services as per the demand so as to increase the customers.
Tactical Information System
- Tactical information system is the information system that is responsible for planning short range tactics emphasizing the current operation of an organization.
- It helps to know how the organization, in the short time period, can improve its organizational operations.
- Tactical plans are usually developed in the areas of production, marketing, personnel, finance and plant facilities.
Operational Information System
- Operational information system is the information system that is responsible to aid the daily operations of an organization.
- It focuses on how the organization can improve its daily operations.
- It processes operational information to plan for operational progress.