ADVANCED POWER SYSTEM ANALYSIS
- Review of transmission Line (5 hours)
- Basic relationship in transmission line
- Uncompensated line
- Load compensation and System compensation
- Symmetrical line and mid point voltage of Symmetrical line
- Conventional method of transmission line compensation (8 hours)
- Shunt compensation
- Series compensation
- Phase angle control
- Effects of compensations on voltage regulation, transient stability and voltage stability
- Compensation Using Power electronic Devices (20 hours)
- Thyristor Controlled Reactor (TCR)
- Thyristor Switched Capacity (TSC)
- fixed Capacitor Thyristor Controlled Reactor
- Switfhing Converter type Var generator (STATCOM)
- GTO Controlled Series Capacitor (GCSC)
- Static Synchronous Series Capacitor (SSSC)
- Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC)
- Static voltage and phase angle controller
- Computer Simulation Study (12 hours)
- Study on TCR, Fixed Capacitor Thyristor Controlled Reactor, STATCOM
- Modeling of synchronous machine in d‐g‐0 frame
- Use of Mat‐Lab Simulink in power system analysis
- Load flow analysis – Gauss Siedal method, Newton‐Raphson method and Fast‐Decoupled method.
- Rotor Angle Stability
- Voltage Stability
Exercised on computer simulation
- Jhon J. Grainger and William D. Stevenson Jr., "Power system Analysis", Mc Graw Hill.
- Narain G. Higorani and Laszlo Gyugai, Understanding FACTS", IEEE Press
- Hadi Saadat, "Power System analysis", TATA Mc Graw Hill.
- R.H. Miller, "Reactive power compensation in power system", Mc. Graw Hill
- P.S. Kundur, "Power System Stability and control", Mc. Graw Hill. Inc.